Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Older and... wiser?

This past week was ROUGH! Wow... Each night I was having some seriously disturbing dreams about things happening to my family and during the day I was severely stressed out about job stuff. God was gracious to me and I'm definitely thankful for the people who He's placed in my life and their encouragement.

Didn't really do a whole lot of fun and exciting things but Small Group bible study was amazing. For the first time in ever, I shut up and just asked questions. I could see God moving. Hopefully, this is something that continues and I'm able to honor God with it by putting more time into it on the front end. I really appreciate the honesty and openness of the people who are there. It's something I've taken for granted but true community is a gift from God. My relationship with a few of my friends is really starting to develop as we continue to push for openness.

Often Christians stay away from community in order to perpetuate/live up to the image of "a good Christian" but in reality, that's not what we were created to do. It creates a bunch of half-hearted and not-so-genuine friendships which leave people feeling isolated and alone. Real community is something that requires risk, requires faith, and requires love. I'm not an open type of guy but after a conversation with a friend a few weeks back, I realized that by not sharing my struggles with him I was perpetuating a competitive Christianity... that's not what God made us to be. We have to strive for unity, even if that requires our discomfort.

At any rate, today is the first day of me kind of starting the film project (fingers crossed!) and I'll let you know how it goes (maybe post a preview...?).

Grace and peace

No comments: