Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hail to the Victors

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

For the past two weeks I've been struggling. I've constantly felt like a failure and, despite what I knew about God and his promises, saw my life going contrary to the vision that God has instilled in me. Life was hard and I was struggling to believe that God was with me. Each night I read in my bible to be strong and courageous and that God was with me wherever I went but I started to think that this "wherever" didn't quite include KLCP.

The University of Michigan fight song states: hail to the victors valiant, hail to the conquering heroes, hail hail to Michigan the champions of the world. Last night I was praying and a thought hit my mind and took it over: Christ defeated death and I already have the victory. There is no battle left to fight except that in my mind and I now refuse to start believing the failure I see over the victory God has promised me. It's one thing to read God's word and know the battle he fights for you (almost every Psalm and the entire new testament) it's another thing to know in your heart that it's the truth and stand on it in the face of defeat.

Truthfully, almost every problem that we as believers face comes down to faith. That's why the bible tells us that the righteous shall live by faith. God has made a habit of being faithful so much so that it has become an inherit part of his nature. In order for him to be unfaithful, he would have to deny his very existence. It is our job to stand on his word and believe that he will do every single thing that he has said he will do. Faith has to become more than just a part of our vocabulary, but a genetic trait. We have to carry it around with us and know that any struggle we go through in this life is really just a struggle to believe the truth that God has promised. I refuse to let this world taint the blessing of life. God gave us life and told us to stay clothed in peace and joy. In order to truly have joy and truly be at peace, we must know that the battle is over. God has already won. The victory is ours by the grace of God and if God be for us, if God has promised us all power and victor, then know that you're a conquering hero, a champion over this world.

2 comments:

Particular People said...

Not only do we have faith, but we expect and act in faithful obedience. It is up to God to do what he does. Whatever the good that he wants to work things together for. He HAS answered our prayers and the things that we see are as much him working out the answer as the enemy trying to discourage us and make us give up. hang on in confidence. He who promised is able and faithful

I and M Champagne said...

I am thankful that Althea shared your blog with us. I have passed it on to our children. It is a blessing to read, digest, and live out the insights from God's Word. I am looking forward to many future entries. Continue to write as the Lord directs. Meriel